Monday, December 12, 2011

Heat Miser and Hermey Mac 'N Cheese Bento

Okay, I'm almost too embarrassed to tell you about the mixed-up bento today. Almost. But it's done, and I didn't even think about checking the facts until afterwards. So confident was I! Anyway, I woke up wanting to make Mayor Burgermeister Meisterburger (remember him?) from the animated Christmas TV Special Santa Claus is Comin' To Town. It's a great one, right? But then I remembered the Heat Miser, and started singing his awesome song. You know the one: "Friends call me Heat Miser, whatever I touch - starts to melt in my clutch! I'm too much!" So then I decided to make him. But then I remembered the little misfit elf dentist-wannabe from the Island of Misfit Toys, and.... I think you may be starting to get the picture that I have TOTALLY mixed up all the stop-action Christmas TV Specials. But did that stop me? Noooooo. Never mind that Heat Miser was from The Year Without A Santa Claus, and Hermey the elf was from Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. They are both going in my bento; so there! Luckily the Mac and Cheese is a definite hit. I made it the way I did last month (in this bento), mixing in broccoli and diced kabocha to boost the nutrition. I also crumbled in some soyrizo, which is a chorizo soy substitute which adds spice and flavor. Super good. I packed it in my cute apple-shaped bento bowl, with the top tier holding the grapes, grapfruit, carrot, broccoli, and two quail egg Christmas characters who have NEVER ACTUALLY MET before this very day in MisterMan's bento. Pretty incredible day for them, I'd say. Wonder what they'd talk about? ^_^

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You're such an inspiration and the reason I started cooking! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You crack me up! I'm glad that you were able to introduce these characters to each other. Maybe they'll make a movie together! The angry face is awesome BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is ADORABLE!! Now I have the song in my head too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings From Southern California

    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    God Bless You, ~Ron @ *TOGB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot S.YA.LII♥, Heather, Keeley and Ron!
    Really appreciate your sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete