Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Three Bears Chili Bento

Three Bears Chili Bento by sherimiya ♥
Three Bears Chili Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
Today was the wintery-est summer day I've ever experienced. It was cold, gray and stormy all day long. I was very tempted to put the heat back on but I couldn't bring myself to do it. It's practically July! Weird. Anyway, it seemed a fitting day to bring chili to lunch, tucked into a lettuce leaf and topped with shredded cheddar and three mozzarella cheese bear faces. As you may recall, I was informed by MisterMan that he does in fact like "raw" (unmelted) cheese, despite what I've reported here, and that it's only STRING cheese in particular which remains undesirable. But it's the SAME cheese, you say. Whatever. I think I got the whole rainbow in here with the sides: strawberry, carrots, oranges, broccoli and blackberries. Woo! He went on a bowling field trip today and said he bowled a 110, including 5 strikes. Um, what? Turns out the kids have their own alley (probably with wider lanes and no gutters!). He had a blast, saying it was "just a hair better than the tech museum."  ^_^
Added to What's For Lunch!

13 comments:

  1. cute your bentos always make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute bear chili bento! You go, MisterMan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know...I make chili in the summertime here too. Of course it's not a cute as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Rebecca, Susan and Debra :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicious <3 I wish I had bento-lunch like this one :3

    I have a breakfast blog. If you'd like to visit me, it's here: http://posilek-mistrzow.blogspot.com/ ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, MM cracks me up! Chili, by nature, always looks a little blah but packed like this it's colorful and fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Áurea López, Panna L and Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sending you some heat from Hawaii...loving this bento, so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found your blog via What's for Lunch at BentoLunch.net. I just made the decision to start serving Bento lunches to my daughter and I have lots to learn. I'll be visiting lots of blogs! The chili looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Kat; we got the heat today. Yay!

    Hi Diana, Glad to hear you'll be starting to make bento for your daughter. I got lots of inspiration from other bentomakers when I started too. Hope you have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable way to dress up chili. I might be able to get my girls to try it if I made it cute like this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Audrey's mom, this is a super easy way to make it look nice. Just cheese and a cutter. Hope you can try it!

    ReplyDelete