Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Star Wars Bento #4

Star Wars Bento #4 by sherimiya ♥
Star Wars Bento #4, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
It's Star Wars Day: May the 4th Be With You! In celebration, I had to make a Star Wars bento for my youngling. I made some fried rice with black rice / black quinoa, ham and spinach, scooped it into a lettuce leaf, and halved 2 quail eggs to decorate with nori. I hand cut most of the details except for the circles, for which I used my hole punch. It was tedious, but actually kind of fun. It helps that the quail eggs are so tiny that it doesn't take much to finish them. I did want to make Princess Leia with her side buns, and it would have been cool to make a Yoda, but I'll have to save those for next time. Can you identify the characters I chose? (I hope so!) Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Storm Trooper and R2D2. I asked MisterMan, and he named them all immediately. Yay, success! The rest of the bento contains the first steamed white corn of the season, broccoli, cara cara oranges, strawberry and grapes. Happy Star Wars Day! ^_^

20 comments:

  1. Completely wonderful! Two quail eggs decorated with nori and other delights. And I had a Subway salad for lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! The characters are just right! Happy Star Wars day :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot bentoboxgirl and Jenn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan but this is so cool ...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO WAY!!! This is so incredibly awesome! Darth Vader is amazing! Oh man, I just love your humour Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAN-tastic!!
    I can´t believe I missed May 4th! *sigh* next year then... oh so busy :(
    But hey, your tribute is adorable! I loved each character!! AAAW, do you want to be my mommy? I would be the coolest girl in the neighborhood ^__^

    "How you get so big, eating food of this kind?"

    ;)
    May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaaaaa! YOu are pretty much too amazing. May the Fourth Be With You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome! My family is a huge fan of star wars. Just did a duo-birthday party for Mr. P and Lil P a few months ago, and made a stormtrooper cake and invited some character over. it was a blast! I love your mini characters. they are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheri I love this! You are always so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is totally great! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much mama elaine, Chantale, karaimame, mnemonique, Sonoma Bento, Mrs. P, Susan, Pipaw,and Krisi :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome! I never thought of using eggs for the characters, Ben is already asking for one. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this is my favorite of your Star Wars bento! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, thanks a lot littlelotusblossom!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, i just wanted to know where you get your nori hole punch thingies from. I have looked around Japantown, but I haven't found any. Anyway, I am so inspired to make bentos like these now! They are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kyra,
    I hand-cut the Star Wars nori in this bento. But you can find other shapes like hearts, musical notes, cars, animals, and such at Daiso and sometimes Ichiban Kan. You should also check regular craft stores for paper punches because they work just as well on nori too. Good luck! And have fun making bento; you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete