Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Honeybees Bento

Honeybees Bento by sherimiya ♥
Honeybees Bento, a photo by sherimiya ♥ on Flickr.
A couple more days of school, and a couple more bentos to make. Here's one from last week, which I forgot to post in the craziness. It contains shoyu chicken and furikake rice, which used to be my ultimate favorite meal when I was a kid. I always requested it if my mom asked what I wanted, and I always chose the drumsticks. I don't usually pack rice for my boy since it's not his favorite, but it would be nice to start adding it. He didn't object to it here, and of course it was completely consumed, so maybe he'll come around to loving it as much as I do. Rice in bento also provides a nice backdrop for decorative details.
In this one I dyed two quail eggs in golden beet juice before adding strips of nori and cute tiny faces. The heart picks make perfect little wings. The other section contains regular and Okinawan sweet potatoes, a cup of edamame, some sliced (super sweet) white peaches and a strawberry. I personally love this bento. Gonna make one just like it for myself one of these days ^_^
Posted at What's For Lunch!

12 comments:

  1. hmm..yum..yum.. i always admire your bento, because it is so colorful and the ingredients are so delicious. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bento looks very very tasty...! I love the combo of shoyu chicken, rice and quail eggs :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the honeybees look so happy together :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love this bento! Your shoyu chicken looks so good I can almost smell it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmm ^^ all my favorite food! I'll get some furikake this noon. Gotta get rice and nori anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bees! So cute.

    http://keeleymcguire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheri! I always love your Shoyu chicken! So juicy and yummy! :D
    Love how you make use of the heart picks as the bees' wings! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheri, your chicken looks delicious and oh my... the bees are SUPER cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this with the Keikster and she loves the honey bees as do I but said, 'hey! what's dat à côté?!' (beside) and I said chicken. Hm, not a great reaction to the chicken but A++ for the bees! hehe.. For me, the entire bento is A++!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks mama elaine, Cooking Gallery, Yenny, Heather, Cele, Keeley McGuire, ღᏓуռ էяɨռɨאღ, Nami and Chantale!
    You folks are the best :D
    Chicken and rice seems to be a worldwide favorite comfort food. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete