Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chasoba and Fruit Bento


Chasoba and Fruit Bento, originally uploaded by sherimiya ♥.
More hot weather means we need another cold (and non-cook) lunch for relief. I love eating out of an icy stainless tiffin, so that's what I used to pack today's bento. He gets chasoba on a bed of crispy lettuce, accompanied by shiitake, krab sticks, ocean salad and green onion. I packed the soba tsuyu in a separate squeeze bottle which I lay in the top tier. The top tier also contained a clementine and a variety of fresh summer berries. I used an ice pack so it all stays super cold for him in this heat. No cute details in this bento, but the variety of fresh colors and flavors should serve to bring out his appetite :)

18 comments:

  1. Yummy bento! Looks very cool and refreshing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you call that adorable little flower shape on top of the clementine?! I'd call that a cute element. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't even think of that. It was just a reflex, heh. Ok, thanks Sonoma Bento! Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed the flower shape on the clementine too. You think of the tiniest details! This is also a perfect meal for those kids on their last summer days running around with dwindling appetites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours, and that little flower on the orange is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty with all the colors. Ben would be devouring the fruit. I freeze the berries in summer for winter use and he stands at the freezer eating them out of the container. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh and healthy! Awesome choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Chantale! Please... don't mention "last summer days".. *sob*

    Thanks KidsDreamWork, evi9ive and Shannon!
    I will miss the abundance of fresh summer fruit too. In winter I use a lot of apples and oranges, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bento looks so delicious! Stainless tiffin is a great choice too with an ice pack. Even you don't put cute character on this bento but every details, arrangements are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. no cute details? Are you nuts? (ok, might be the heat affecting you) ;)
    lovely, I would gobble everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So refreshing, lovely! And fun to read this post as just as I started cooking ume soba here in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how did you do that flower cap for the clemintine? it's so cute! I love that little bottle for the sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Lia!
    Karaimame, so sweet. Thank you!
    bentobird; I can't wait to try my ume soba :)
    Mrs. P: Cut the skin with a metal cutter, but not through to the flesh. Then peel away the rest of the skin. Easy! I found the bottle at Ichiban Kan -- it's a nice big size!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whooo, looks so yummy. I think I HAVE TO take cha soba in my bento soon ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes; you absolutely should. It's perfect for summer! Thanks chi-chan :)

    ReplyDelete