Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Chicken and Egg Bento

Can it be yet another chicken and egg bento?! Well, in my defense, I have seen several chicken and egg bento recently, on various blogs around here...so maybe the idea just sank in, or I thought it was an idea we were passing along? Oh all right! We just like chicken! And the little quail eggs are just so cute; I can't stop using them. I just learned you can hand-shape quail eggs into a round shape, so what do you think I did today? It worked, and it doesn't take that long, either. Just a minute or two. Today's egg was so small that when I made it into a sphere I thought it looked just like a little pearl. I put it between the chicken pieces like a ... pearl in a shell. But if you don't buy that, let's just put a face on it and call it a cute egg character. I also added some sweet corn with edamame detail and my standard carrot flowers. Fruit cups hold strawberry, cherries and grapes.

And by the way, Sonoma Bento has uploaded the bento interview we did on Monday. If you'd like to listen, it's at her blog HERE. Thanks Michelle!

12 comments:

  1. At first I thought it is a frog :), but after seeing your post, I realised its a pearl between the chicken sea shell.. LOL..

    great idea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute! And you got that LunchBots bento box!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobo, it does look like a frog, with the big eyes! I'll have to do a green one next time :) Thanks!

    Thanks KidsDreamWork! Love the LunchBots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri! I've been MIA from the bento blog world, but trying to jump back in. A belated congrats on your recent interveiw, how exciting. Also, I loved your previous Totorro bento, one of my all-time favorite studio ghibli characters. Today I like your pearl in a shell. Well, goodnight! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel!
    I know you've been so busy lately with school. So glad to hear from you. Thanks a lot for your sweet comments! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pearl with such a cute big eyes! I like the corn and edamame too, so pretty Sheri. Have to try molding the egg round with hand too next time (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, love it when you do variations on a theme! Very cute and the edamame/corn combo is lovely and eye-catching!

    Excellent interview, congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot Lia! Yeah, it's fun to do the hand-molding. Maybe you can mold other shapes too.

    Thanks bentobird, appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! At first, I thought you were reposting the same chicken and egg bento post but I kept seeing this white thing.. hehehe! Love the little clam! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! It IS the same chicken and egg! Just repositioned! I'll promise to change it up tomorrow.
    Thanks sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i also thought frog at first, but am totally buying the pearl now that you point it out!! i love the pretty edamame topper for the corn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, I'll definitely have to make the next one a frog! I really should use edamame more often. It's so versatile. Thanks megan :)

    ReplyDelete